A. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the rooms, cottages, and public dining areas. Smoking shall only be allowed at designated smoking areas.
2. The guest shall observe and heed all safety precautions and warnings signs issued by the management within the resort premises.
3. Food and drinks cannot be brought into the premises of the resort without prior arrangements and payment of corkage fees. Likewise, food and/or drinks prepared by the resort, other than those specifically for take-out, cannot be brought out of the premises of the resort without prior notice to the management.
The resort, its officers, and employees shall not be held liable for any injury, damages, or loss incurred by any person by reason of the consumption of the food and/or drinks brought into the resort, or resort food and/or drinks brought out of the premises without prior arrangement.
4. The use of proper swimwear is strictly observed in the swimming pool. The swimming pool is open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. only. Children under seven (7) years of age must be supervised by an adult in and around the pool area at all times. The upper pool is strictly for adults.
5. For the bamboo raft ride, guests are strictly required to wear life vests for their own safety. Only children eight (8) years of age and above are allowed to go rafting but this must be done with the company of an adult.
6. The guests are requested to use the resort equipment and facilities with proper care. Any damage caused due to the fault or negligence of the guests shall be charged to their account.
7. The resort has parking spaces allotted for its guests. Drivers of the vehicles must surrender their driver’s license or any other form of government ID with the security upon entry at the parking area of the resort. The resort assumes no liability for any loss and/or damages to the vehicles parked therein and to the valuables left inside the vehicles.
8. Resort guests are obliged to make an effort to keep the surroundings clean. Guests should refrain from throwing rubbish anywhere other than the strategically located trash bins.
9. Pets are strictly prohibited within the resort premises.
10. Tricycles and other public motor vehicles which may transport guests to and from the resort are not in any way affiliated with the Resort. The resort shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury cause by or on occasion of their use.
11. Resort guests are expected to behave in a manner not disruptive to the peace of the Resort and of the stay of other guests. The resort management reserves the right to ask misbehaving guest/s to leave the premises of the Resort.
12. In case of emergencies requiring medical attention, Resort guest may request assistance from the Resort to bring the ailing guest to a hospital whereby they shall be accompanied by the Resort nurse. Any cost incurred in relation thereto shall however be for the account of the guest.
B. BOOKING ARRANGEMENT AND RATES
1. Reservations may be done through the website, telephone, or e-mail.
2. All on-line reservations made through the website should be guaranteed by a credit card.
3. As an alternative, a deposit equivalent to fifty percent (50%) of the total amount of the reservation shall be required to confirm the booking. The remaining balance thereof shall be paid at the Front Desk of the Resort upon arrival and check-in.
4. All room rates and day tour rates are subject to adjustment without prior notice.
C. CANCELLATIONS AND NO-SHOWS
1. Once a reservation has been confirmed, guests are allowed to modify or cancel the same seventy-two (72) hours prior to the date of arrival without incurring any cancellation penalty.
2. In the event that the guest failed to show up on the arrival date (No Show) or in case of cancellation done less than seventy-two(72) hours before the arrival date (late cancellation), the guest will incur a penalty equivalent to fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of the booking or an amount equivalent to one (1) night of the room reserved, whichever is higher, in case of late cancellation; or an amount equivalent to the total room charges for the entire period booked, in case of no show.
3. Under exceptional cases, re-booking or refunds may be accommodated if the late cancellation or no show is due to a valid emergency. Allowance of the foregoing shall be at the sole discretion of the Resort and subject to presentation of appropriate supporting document/s (i.e. doctor’s not or medical certificate for confinement of guest in a hospital.)
4. Re-booking is subject to availability.
D. GUEST REGISTRATION, CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
1. Guests (both day tour and overnight) shall check-in and register at the front desk upon arrival at the resort. During the registration procedure, the guests shall be required to present a valid identification card or any other proof of identity, and in the case of those staying overnight, to accomplish and sign the guest registration card at the cottage entrance.
2. Standard check-in time is at 1:00 p.m. while standard check-out time is at 11:00 a.m. Requests for early check-in and/or late check-out are subject to availability. Advance arrangements are required and additional charges may apply.
3. The check-in and check-out times are to be be strictly observed.
4. The resort gates close at 8:00 p.m., hence, overnight staying guests must check-in before said time, while day tour guest will be requested to leave the resort premises.
5. The resort reserves the right to remove and transfer the personal belongings of guests who fail to observe the check-out time. Furthermore, failure to check-out on time may subject the guest/s to additional charges.
6. Room keys must be deposited at the cottage reception whenever guests leave the premises of the Resort and at the time of check-out. Lost keys will be charged against the account of the guest.
1. To ensure the security of the resort and the guests, the gate of the resort closes at 8:00 p.m.
2. Bringing in of fireworks, firearms, and other deadly weapons into the resort is strictly prohibited and violators will be dealt with accordingly.
F. RESORT LIABILITY
1. Guests are expected to observe the resort policies, including all the safety rules and regulations, warning and danger signs, proper attire and decorum, while inside the premises of the Resort and using its facilities. The guests shall therefor be solely liable for any loss, damage injury, accident or death that may occur due to the negligence, willful act or disregard of the same by the guests. Furthermore, the guests agree to render the resort, its owners, officers and staff, free and harmless from any claims arising from the use of any of the equipment of facilities in the Resort.
2. Resort guests shall be responsible for the safekeeping of their valuables and personal belongings. Safety deposit boxes* are available in the rooms, while lockers may be availed of by day tour guests. The resort shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the guest’s valuable and personal belongings.
3. The resort shall not be liable to the guests by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations if the reason for the delay or failure is force majeure.
1. All personal information furnished by the guests in relation to their transactions with the resort shall be held private and confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties except to the extent as required by law.
1. The Resort reserves the right to amend the Resort Policies at any time.
1. This Resort Policies shall be effective as of April 2016.